The Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has made its state attorney general HIPAA enforcement training material available to anyone. “Although developed for state AGs, the training materials provide a great deal of information about the content and enforcement of the HIPAA Rules that may be of interest to a broader audience,” OCR said on its website. As a result, the materials are useful to anyone involved in HIPAA privacy and security compliance.
The training materials include videos and slides from the in-person training sessions for state attorney generals conducted in 2011.
Training Topics Available Include:
- General introduction to the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Analysis of the impact of the HITECH Act on the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Investigative techniques for identifying and prosecuting potential violations
- A review of HIPAA and State Law
- OCR’s role in enforcing the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- State attorney generals roles and responsibilities under HIPAA and the HITECH Act
- Resources for state attorney generals in pursuing alleged HIPAA violations
- HIPAA enforcement support and results